This soup is a hearty pick-me-up for when you are under the weather or want a good warm bowl.
Full of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids this soup is great for the body and soul 🙂
Shiitake mushrooms are one of the many medicinal mushrooms out there. They are great for the immune system and benefit the whole body. They are full of many essential vitamins, minerals, and other compounds our bodies need.
Kale is rich in iron among other essential minerals. It is also full of vitamins like C and A.
Sweet potatoes are high in fiber and potassium. They contain more sugar then regular potatoes but also have more nutrients as well.
Quinoa has all of the essential amino acids that our body needs. It is also full of protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- 10 cups of veggie stock or water
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2-1 cup of quinoa (depending on how thick you want it)
- 1 cup of chopped kale
- 5-7 large shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 of an onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp of each salt, sage, ginger, oregano, and crushed red pepper.
- 1/4 cup each coconut aminos, liquid aminos (or soy sauce), and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the water to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Cube sweet potatoes and add to the pot once the water is boiled then reduce the heat to medium.
- Dice and mince the onion and garlic.
- Add the garlic, onion, spices, and oil to a small pan.
- Once the onions are translucent and caramelized add the mushrooms.
- When the potatoes are soft throw in the quinoa, kale, onions, and liquid ingredients.
- Let the soup simmer for about 20-30 minutes.