This is one of my go to’s for lunch if I need to runout the door or if I need a little power up threw out the day.
Quinoa is a super-food. Because it is one of the few food that has all of the essential amino acids that our body needs. It is full of protein and gluten- free. So it can fill you up without feeling bloated. It is also full of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Including iron, potassium, and magnesium. Not to mention it doesn’t take very long to cook.
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- juice from half of a lemon
- salt & pepper
- other seasonings of choice
Those are the basics, but then the rest is up to you and we get to spice things up a bit :p
I like to add:
- purple cabbage
- red pepper
- beans (garbanzo or black beans)
- Cook the quinoa using the instructions on the bag. The ratio is typically 1 part quinoa to 2 parts water. I try to make mine the night before I know I want it, then I put it in the fridge to the morning.
- Shred and chop the rest of your ingredients and add to the quinoa.
- Mix everything together.